Monday, December 20, 2010

Begin Reading the reports and keyboarding

Well for a few days I have found and begun to read the reports again after a long while and I found all my backed up files. Dorothy Sent me a report that has all my information on my line plus where her line comes from. It is great not to have to struggle finding it on my own. Karen's reports I began reading also; But I find reading more than one report is more than I can handle as I get confused so I decided I would key all Dorthy's report information first and then when finished move on to Karen's report. I also have all the research Data my Aunt Agnes sent me for the Sweets. Note: these women are so beautiful for helping me with our research I am so grateful to them. They also sent documentation with the reports. My cousin Lynnda is another beautiful person helping Her mom was a wonderful Aunt and contributed a lot of information way back in 1984 when I needed help finding my Father and reconnecting with him. She was the one that helped me when I had no where to turn to. GOD bless her and I miss our talks. I also got some information from a website that has allowed me to glean information of another line of the Sweet's. I don't know if this is cheating or not. I was thinking it was a public site and it is another branch coming directly from John and Alpha so why not use the information to my advantage for the areas I don't have; Besides I do not have the money to pay Ancestry for the Data I want from all the record places. Geese the amount of money I would have to pay for all the different data bases is way out of line. They want a fee for Ancestry, then another fee for census, then another for death data and yet another for each data base which could easily be a hundred dollars a month just to access the data bases. I wish I was rich but I am not so I rely on help from the living family. I have found out that my Sweet roots have a lot of turmoil in the recent century as in 1900 to present. They are scattered and combative in some areas as in family clashes divorce and such. It has made the work I and others do much harder as family are real weary of questions being asked let alone filling out a form with family information. Sometimes the family has kept secrets and children just don't know what has happened and so the only choice to find out is sort through records in data bases. I have been at this since 1984 and I some times wonder why but it is all worth it meeting new family members like the ones I have been in touch with. I just want to thank all the women and men that have helped me as we continue to work together. I hope before I go back to my Lord and God that I can give the gift of our heritage to all my relatives for free so that future generations will not have to struggle as I and others have.

Well Grandsons are home so off to play with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment