Friday, December 10, 2010

Sweet information continued

First of all this post from my Ancestry site forum.:

Worden Sweet Cemetery, Scriba, NY

You Wrote:
A brief review of your first blogspot suggests that you (or another family member) has participated in the Sweet DNA study with little results.
My Answer:
I participated in the original Sweet DNA project.

You wrote:
I am aware of two descendents of Oliver who relocated to Scriba ... we match the pattern for the Rhode Island Sweets, which suggests our two lines are not imeediately related.

My reply is:
Now that just is quite curious to me. I keep thinking some one must have either changed their name or was in hiding. On my DNA site I have some Sweet names pop up but there are many that are not Sweet's. Hmm I copied this to show you what I mean.:

This is the list of names without their contact info.

12 Marker - Exact Match 29 Match(es)

Mr. Ricardo Enrique Vela
Bill Ray Hampton
Mr. Walter Blair Murray MacFarlane
Mr. Roger Charles Pask (Y37)
Raymond Andre (Y37)
John Fitzgibbon (Y67)
Mr. Robin Lane Hanson (Y67)
Robert Labass (Y67)
Cecil Cassell Watson
Lawrence Carlyle Hartley (Y67)
Michael Surtees Chisholm (Y67)
Mr. Martin Joseph Malley
Archie Torando (Y37)
Mr. Edwin J. Canter (Y37)
Thomas Main (Y37)
R. Michael Medina
Mr. Edward Ramirez Guevara Jr. (Y67)
Walter Winschell
Alton R. Hampton (Y67)
Mr. Thomas Michael Rubick
Mr. Richard David Acheson Jr. (Y37)
Pomeroy Junior Moore (Y37)
Mr. Jaime Manuel Crowe (Y25)
Mr. Julian Conrad Juergensmeyer
Stephen Oliver Cleary

As you can see none of the family names match. So there is either a split way back or we just are not Sweet's. Meaning a name changed from the real name?

Maybe I do not understand how to interpret the DNA system.I do know that I probably will have to muster up some intestinal fortitude and write to all the contacts that have an exact match of my DNA to find out more about this. I at one point thought I may have a connection to the NY or Rode Island Sweet's but now I am not sure.

I sure appreciate your response to me.

Then I continued to read some other posts because Oswago,NY is next to or as you might say a stone's throw from Scriba. It seems all roads lead to Oswago,NY.

Other Posts :


The sexton of the cem was Henry Sweet who married Minnie McCready. They had one daughter Cora Sweet who was murdered at the age of 12 in 1905. I mention this because the newspaper articles list relatives who traveled to her funeral. Gives many names of other family members and places. I heard there was a list of cem. and the names on Cyndi's list perhaps. The articles of Cora Sweet were in the Oswego Daily Palladium, Oswego, NY. cem. named Borden Sweet Cem. Hope this helps..

Brenda, Could you please me a more specific address for the library in order to obtain a list of Sweet cemetary names from Oswego NY? I saw your message today 4/28/00. My grandfather was born in oswego in 1865. His name william frank sweet. I don't have too much info on him. Maybe his parents were Henry and minnie. Not sure if mccready?? He did have an aunt Cora, but she lived into her 70's. and a sister named Bertha. Please send info to(email address deleted to keep privacy)Thank you. Louise Sweet Comer in Arizona

Sorry eveyone I was wrapped up in a wedding for my neice but will go to the library this week and get the list and post it.
Oswego City Library
East Second Street
Oswego, Ny 13126

Would love to have a list of names buried there... Not sure where my relatives were buried - but they lived for a time in Moores Fork... George A. Sweet and his wife Mary.

As I said earlier ALL ROADS LEAD TO OSWAGO, New York! Seems like all the Sweet's that are not part of the DNA original Sweet's from Ireland with the Coat or arms end up on Oswago! This is what I am finding over and over again. What happened in Oswago and or New York? I am perplexed! More research is definitely needed or a living family member that can answer these questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment